The Doctor’s friends unite to send him a terrible warning; the Pandorica – which is said to contain the most feared being in all the cosmos – is opening, as the time travelling drama continues. But what’s inside, and can the Doctor stop it?
‘The Pandorica Opens’ is written by Steven Moffat and stars Matt Smith as the Doctor and Karen Gillan as Amy Pond.
EDIT/ Just watched Episode 11, “The Lodger” and am reading some rather unhappy reviews about it. It wasn’t by far the worst Doctor Who ever, but it certainly was not stellar. My spouses’ complaint/inquiry was why did the Doctor not use the key to the Tardis to bring it back as he has done previously? As far as I recall, he didn’t even try to use the key–and that was before the time instability issues were discovered, which I’m assuming is why he couldn’t. Seemed like a bit of a thrown-together episode without an eye on the smaller details. Still looking forward to the grand finale, though!
Doctor Who is copyright to the BBC. No infringement intended.
Read more at the Source: SciFiWire
The series final (remember, “series” is what the UK calls “seasons” so this is not the end of the show!) of Doctor Who looks and sounds like it’s going to be amazingly epic. We’ve got the preview trailer and 8 images below for you. This stuff is all pretty spoilerific so don’t proceed any further if you hate that kind of thing. We love that kind of thing and think this promo is pretty damn good, as are all the images.
First, here’s more info on the episode from the Daily Mail:
“Every major enemy of the Time Lord will make an appearance in the finale of this series of Doctor Who.In a terrifying two part programme – entitled The Pandorica Opens – the Doctor will be confronted by many of his old foes.
The Daleks, Cybermen, Silurians, Judoon, Sontarans, Sycorax, Weevils and Autons, will all feature in the final show.”
The first half of the two-part finale will run June 19 in the UK and July 3 here in the US.
Doctor Who – Episode 5.12 – The Pandorica Opens – Promotional Photos
From Digital Spy:
Doctor Who – Episode 5.12 – The Pandorica Opens – 10 Teasers
1. Hello sweetie writ large. Literally.
2. “This is royal collection and I’m the ****** *****!
3. Cleopatra’s comin’ atcha!
4. Drahvins, Zygons, Draconians, oh my!
5. A nifty new Cyber-feature is revealed.
6. An unlikely alliance is formed.
7. The Pandorica opens. And closes.
8. We finally find out where those pesky cracks are coming from.
9. Death. A whole lot more death than you probably anticipated.
10. But don’t despair, the last word of the episode is “love”.
Doctor Who – Episode 5.12 – The Pandorica Opens – 20 Teasers
1. Steven Moffat’s on top form with a brilliantly crafted episode – the perfect start to a two-parter.
2. The Doctor and Amy visit the oldest planet in the universe, where the first words in history have a familiar ring to them.
3. The stakes are every bit as high as in an RTD season finale.
4. Characters from earlier in the series make surprise appearances before the opening titles – and we’re not just talking about the series recap.
5. There’s something funny going on at Stonehenge.
6. If you thought “The Lodger” looked like a money-saving episode, you soon realise where all that spare cash went.
7. There’s a scene in a bar rather reminiscent of the Star Wars cantina.
8. There’s an armada of alien spacecraft.
9. The Doctor gets to deliver one of his “Get out of here!” speeches.
10. There’s a brilliant scare involving a human skull.
11. You could market an entire range of action figures on the back of this episode alone.
12. Amy’s engagement ring is crucial.
13. It’ll make you want to go back and watch the whole series again.
14. Someone other than the Doctor pilots the TARDIS.
15. The Doctor and Amy face a foe reminiscent of fembots.
16. There’s a fantastic nod to The Thing.
17. The Pandorica does indeed open.
18. It also closes.
19. The episode ends in a cliffhanger so devilish that it seems utterly inescapable. It’s going to be a very, very long week.
20. 26 June 2010 is a very important date indeed – and not just because it’s the day of the series finale (in Britain).